I wrote this glog classes some months ago for a game I didn’t end up running. I probably borrowed some of the abilities from somewhere else but I can’t find them now (inbox me if you recognise something so I can stick a link to it here and give credit where it’s due).
You are one of the few among the Elves (and their Half-Elf kin) who is not resigned to seclusion, and believe that somewhere out in the world must be a cure for The Great Sorrow (the curse upon all elves that they may bear no more elven children). You wander the lands, searching for the power to restore your people. You are very worldly and knowledgeable but have limited martial training.
A: Weather Folklore
C: Elven Memories+
D: Elven Memories++
Seen it Before
Weather Folklore: You have +2 on rolls to predict tomorrow’s weather
Elven Memories: Choose an Elven Memory (listed at end)
Magelore: After examining magic or a magical effect, you know a place where you could learn more about the magic.
Flora: You have +2 to rolls to find useful flora
Elven Memories+: Choose an additional Elven Memory
Ancient Epic: You tell a well practiced story which has stood the test of time, enthralling smallfolk for 1d6 hours and wiser folk for 1d6 x 10 minutes.
Elven Memories+ +: Choose two additional Elven Memories
Seen it Before: You have +2 to all saves relating to fear.
- Monsters from long ago: You recall an ancient folk tale of your youth. Once per day when faced with a strange monster, roll 1d4 to see what you remember from this dramatization. When your information is put into action, roll luck to see how accurate the information in the dramatization was.
- A weakness of a monster
- The food chain of the monster
- The temperament (choleric, melancholic, sanguine, phlegmatic) of the monster
- Roll twice
- Items of old: You recall an ancient folk tale of your youth. Once per day when faced with an ancient artifact, roll 1d4 to see what you remember from this dramatization. When your information is put into action, roll luck to see how accurate the information in the dramatization was.
- The age of the artifact
- The makers of the artifact
- The primary use of the artifact
- Roll twice
- Ancient Tongues: You have +2 to rolls relating to understanding dead languages
- Obscure Tongues: You have +2 to rolls relating to understanding obscure languages
- Just around the corner: You can remember a place of shelter from the last time you were in this area. Roll luck to see if the shelter is occupied.
- An old companion: When you arrive at a large settlement, you can seek out an old companion. Roll 1d6 when you arrive at their last known location.
- Your old companion has moved on, but locals can tell you where to and why.
- Your old companion is here but is bitter or insulted by something you did in the past which hurt them greatly.
- Your old companion is here and has not forgotten the debt you owe them.
- Your old companion is here but is in deep trouble and needs help.
- Your old companion is here and you can pick up your past comradery within a heartbeat
- Your old companion is here, stronger than ever, but preparing for a quest they are hopelessly outmatched against.
This class has almost no combat power, but should make it up through their out-of-combat knowledge. I was originally intending to also have this pair with an Elven Guardian class which would be an Elf fighter focused on defensive abilities and mastery of nature, however it stepped too much on my Ranger and Fighter classes. It would be quite easy to add in new Elven Memories to edit the scope of the class.